Thursday, February 6, 2014

Fabric Collections Coming Soon: Mormor & Sylvia by Lotta Jansdotter

So I've decided to branch out a bit and start posting some info on new fabric collections that are coming out. My reasons are two-fold. First, I'm a total fabric addict. I love to look at it, pet it, smell it. I want ALL the fabric! Second, and I hate to admit this, I don't know all the fabric. Some people have the uncanny ability to keep track of who designed what line from what manufacturer for the last ten years, and for the next two years to come for that matter. I don't have that. I figure this way I'm sharing some great new collections with ya'll, and educating myself at the same time. Win - Win! Now, I'm putting this up front in hopes that at least doing some of the leg work is "enough." I will be gaining most of my info from the manufacturers sites, and my best mate Google. I'm not in with these folks, and am simply sharing the facts. Hope everyone is cool with that! On to the goods! 

When I decided to do this, these were the first two collections that came to mind. Of course I didn't remember the collection names, but I remember the look, and I remember the designer. She is, of course, the one and only Lotta Jansdotter

From www.windhamfabrics.net


If you didn't catch that up above I said TWO collections! Hooray! They are very much integrated, but let me talk about them each on their own to start. First up is Mormor. While the colors are somewhat reminiscent of Bella, Glimma, and The Premier Collection, there are changes that really stand out to me. The colors are stunning! This collection adds to her prior palette with a beautiful coral and rich rubine red that I am so in love with. That combined with a soft mint and warm grey and it's a dream palette. 

Here it is in all its glory: Mormor. 

www.Windhamfabrics.net

I mentioned before that there are two separate collections, but that the go together. The second collection Sylvia is named after Lotta's grandmother, which I think is beautiful. It is on the opposite spectrum from Mormor, but still incorporates her signature look, but in all black and whites! I love a great black and white print, so I'm dying to get my hands on this. 

www.windhamfabrics.net
I do have to be honest and say when I first looked at the collection pages separately I was not quite sure I got it. I see the similarities but when they were not together on the same page it seemed that the black and white was a little harsh in comparison to those beautiful colors. When I started to really break down the colors all together though (I love you Pantone) then I saw how well it really all worked together. I mean, this is one seriously beautiful rainbow right there. 


I've shared the Windham link in quite a few locations above, so please head over there and check out more. For now I will just share a few of the images they have in the marketing catalog for these collections. How can I not, they are all so beautiful!




Last but not least, guess what they already have? That's right, a free quilt pattern! Hooray! You can find this amazing pattern designed by Ashley Necomb of Film in the Fridge right HERE!


So after all that now you must wait for this wonderful fabric to arrive! In the meantime, head on over to these shops and pre-order or sign up for a notification of when it arrives right now. I have no doubt that this will fly off the shelves at lightning speed! 

* Fat Quarter Shop
* Hawthorne Threads
* Fabricworm
* Pink Castle Fabrics

Well, I'm not sure I covered it as well as some people may have, but it's a first try. I will see how it goes for a bit and maybe try and squeeze a few of these 'new collection reviews' in every month. How can I not when there is such amazing fabric coming our way! 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Carly, Always enjoy reading your blog but don't always comment. Disappointed that I didn't see you at the last Central Florida Modern meeting. Hope you are feeling better now and will be at the next meeting. The view from my front door today is foggy but back home it's snow, snow, snow so this bird is enjoying the fog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry I missed the last meeting! My month feels incomplete! I will be at the next one for sure and look forward to seeing you there! Glad you are enjoying some fog rather than snow, and before we know it we will be back to beautiful sunshine!

      Delete